Licensing & Permits 2018-02-15T12:04:33+00:00

Cannabis Business Licensing & Permits

The cannabis or marijuana licensing and permits process is similar to State applications.   The State application stage could simply be the final destination due to requirements from the State where you are submitting your application.  With experience in adult use States and local authorities where merit is not an issue, the process is altered a little but remains similar in the fact that a State application is filed, then local applications for licensing and permits.  This may vary some if you already are operational, but if this is a new venture typically you submit through the State first or simultaneously with your local departments.

With many local processes it can be time consuming and challenging.  If you’re one of the first businesses to go through the process, more than likely you will encounter even more challenges.  This is why we mention moving through State applications, local permitting and licensing in a timely manner can prove invaluable.

When the exciting day arrives when every thing is completed and signed off your final step will be State inspection and licensing. You should generally receive your local license/occupancy permit and then your State marijuana or medical cannabis endorsement.

Again each project is unique as well as each State and local authority implementing cannabis regulations, you will want to check with them to see what is required and allowed when applying for your cannabis business.

For more information on how we can help you, give us a call today.

You can also find additional information through our news and blog site under Applications & Licensing.