Where to apply for a Washington State medical marijuana certified consultant certificate

Washington State Medical Marijuana Certified Consultant

.All licensed and medically endorsed marijuana retail stores (PDF) are required to have a certified medical marijuana consultant on staff to work with patients. The certified consultant isn’t a medical provider and can do only the following for customers within a medically endorsed marijuana retail store:

  • Enter patient and designated provider information from the authorization form into the medical marijuana database and create the medical marijuana recognition card.
  • Assist the patient with selecting products.
  • Describe risks and benefits of methods for using products.
  • Give advice on ways to properly store products and keep them safe from children and pets.
  • Show how to properly use products.
  • Answer questions about the medical marijuana law.

Services not allowed by consultants:

  • May not provide medical advice.
  • May not diagnose any conditions.
  • May not recommend changing current treatment(s) in place of marijuana.
  • May not open and use actual products when demonstrating how to use.

To qualify for certification as a medical marijuana consultant you must:

[gview file=”http://www.doh.wa.gov/Portals/1/Documents/Pubs/608017.pdf”]

Related topics

By |2018-02-14T10:18:52+00:00January 25th, 2017|- Washington, Application & Licensing, RMMCnewsfeed|0 Comments