t the April 28, 2017 meeting, OLCC Commissioners took final action on the following Oregon Administrative Rules:
Procedures for Public Notice of License Applications (amend OAR 845-005-0306)
The purpose of this rulemaking effort is to relieve the burden of licensees meeting with Inspectors to post a public notice. The amendments enable a licensee to do this on their own accord. During rulemaking, staff heard from licensees and the City of Portland. Specifically, during the advisory committee on this issue, all in attendance were in support of the proposed changes. Staff did not receive any comments at the public hearing nor during the subsequent comment period.The Commission voted to approve the amendments to OAR 845-005-0306 effective May 1, 2017.
Bump-Up Canopy Package (amend OAR 845-025-1060 & Adopt 845-025-2500, 845-025-2510, 845-025-2520, 845-025-2530, 845-025-2540, 845-025-2550, 845-025-2560)
The purpose of this rulemaking effort is to implement the requirements of SB 1511 to enable producers to grow a medically designated canopy space for recreational growers. During rulemaking, staff strived to strike a balance with various interests within the marijuana industry, medical patients, public safety interests and local government bodies. The key issues addressed by each of those factions were proposed limits of plants, medical canopy size, fees and procedures to transfer product to both patients and excess to dispensaries. The Commission voted to amend and adopt the following rules effective May 1, 2017:
- OAR 845-025-1060 – Fees
- OAR 845-025-2500 – Registration to Produce Usable Marijuana for Patients
- OAR 845-025-2510 – Licensed Producer and Patient Agreements
- OAR 845-025-2520 – Termination of Producer and Patient Agreements
- OAR 845-025-2530 – Adding or Replacing Patient Agreements
- OAR 845-025-2540 – Grow Canopy Limitation for Producers Registered to Produce Marijuana For Patients
- OAR 845-025-2550 – Requirements of Producing and Providing Marijuana for Patients
- OAR 845-025-2560 – Cancellation of Registration; Violations
For more information contact Bryant Haley: ph 503-872-5136; email [email protected]
OLCC Commission Action on Rules April 2017. OLCC Commission Action on Rules April 2017. OLCC Commission Action on Rules April 2017.